Thursday, August 19, 2010

Of Beer and Bullets

Sometimes, a chilled can of beer (or ten) does much to open your mind, even those pockets that the drudgery of modern life has filled with its crass and mundane chaff.
In those moments, you start to think more deeply about your life - the one that has gone by and the one that is to be. In those moments with just the two of us- myself and deep thought (Nay, Douglas Adams, I don't mean the same), my mind sometimes tends to veer to some semblance of self-pity, self-loathing and maybe self-defense of some sort. (I believe it is a natural human tendency - and one that I'm not inclined to shy away from.) In such times, I find that writing out my absurd, and sometimes downright weird, thoughts to be quite a liberating release. Ergo, came the following:

Could this world be more perfect?
Is there anything I lack?
It seems like I have everything.
I'm awesome - that's a fact!

I live the good life everyday,
My life is like a song.
All I know is happiness,
for nothing can go wrong.

The universe cries out aloud,
but I'm a class apart.
Strife abounds; but none of it
can penetrate my heart.

I am the Ice Princess.
The rest may toil and yet
my life is just so simple;
I want - and I get.

And you might wonder what
has made me the way I am.
I've built a wall around
my heart; I've built a dam.

For I know if I weren't
on the inside so dead,
that I would take a gun and
put a bullet through my head.

2 comments:

  1. Dark, very dark. A torch-light might be a better substitute for the gun ... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he... a torchlight?? LOL!! dark is good :-)

    ReplyDelete