Monday, February 24, 2014

Schaden'fraud'

Lately I had been feeling consumed by a wave of Schadenfreude and this was unnerving me because it made me feel evil. Besides, it's hard to justify to yourself why u think u would feel good at someone else's failure or misery. On further introspection, I realized that what I was feeling was not actually Schadenfreude but, for some absurd reason, the desire to desire seeing someone's downfall but I just couldn't actually feel that. So I'm a sham, a con, a quack and what have u. Basically a Schaden'fraud' :-P

It consumes - the churning
Tick tock in my head
The shame of the spurning
Would that u were dead

It devours - the yearning
I feel so euphoric
At the thought of the burning
Ah! The rhetoric

It is empty, I'm learning
A killer I'm not
And I do feel the turning
Away from this rot

If it were about earning
I should like to see
You crashing and burning
But no, that's not me.


No comments:

Post a Comment