Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Midnight Sun

Black velvet - look where I will 
Never a sliver of light. 
Black got blacker and blacker still 
Life - an endless night 
Memories of sun are vague yet fond. 
When night would pass and day would dawn. 

Black then found a friend in me 
And I - too weak to resist 
Blackened through my life would be 
The sun was always missed. 
It took over slow - one man at a time. 
And I learned then that black was mine. 

Black is my parent, my lover, my life. 
The only one that remains. 
Black is the colour of every knife 
They swung to cause my pains. 
With every stab, some hope would die 
I knew the sun had become a lie. 

Till you burst forth in a brilliant blaze 
Lightness and brightness and happiness is me. 
I feel so blessed - for on the sun I gaze 
I'm laughing and smiling now - can't you see??? 
It's midnight yet now I see the sun! 
Don't take that away - you are the one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment