Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Kill You, Kill Me

As anybody who has been nutty enough to follow my blog would know, I have weird dreams, often morbid in fact. I think I have surpassed all previous levels of weirdness with this particular poem and strangely - it wasn't under the influence of any inebriating substances. Probably some latent effect of some movie or book I once saw or read. I doubt Lionel Richie would appreciate my adaptation of one of his song titles (interestingly though Say you, say me also references a dream - though naturally a far less morbid one!). I will pull the poetic license card at this point - but please read at your own peril!

Right foot forward - left soon follows
Repeat, repeat - till I turn the corner
There you stand, smiling your smile
You don't know yet you're soon a goner

Right and left bring me close as can be
Bodies connect, cheeks flush and eyes meet
I put one arm around and pull your body in tight
And the knife in the other, slides in so sweet

I watch as the life leaves your lying eyes
Your blood washes over my hand like sweet honey
I showed mercy for I can't cause that much pain
Even after all that you did - now isn't that funny?

Slowly I pull the knife out of your gut
A gurgling sound you make as you fall
With a soft thud, you lie at my feet in blood
I gaze upon you, the red floor and white walls

The walls seem so odd - I think to myself
They need some colour to really fit in
Ever obliging, I smile to myself
A quick slash and they're crimson - I'm finally done in




No comments:

Post a Comment